Monday, June 3, 2013

You mean I get to stay here?

Before I took this job, I'd only been to Myrtle Beach three times: once to tour Coastal Carolina University, once on a high school spring break trip and once to interview at Waccamaw Publishers. Moving to the Grand Strand with little knowledge of the area was definitely a leap of faith for me.

I've been here for about two weeks now. While I'm loving the area and my job, I feel like a tourist most of the time. I've gone the wrong way on 501 more than once. I'm incredibly sunburned after my first weekend at the beach (even though I did lather on SPF 50). My eyes still light up when I drive by billboards for Ripley's Aquarium and Medieval Times. I order seafood every chance I get. The fact that Tanger Outlets is minutes away from my office was thrilling news.

Like most children, every time I visited any beach, I never wanted to leave. Now, I don't have to. I'm so excited to be a part of the Waccamaw Publishers team, and I think I can get used to calling Myrtle Beach "home."

My job is seriously awesome. As a writer for Visit!, I get to share my adventures with tourists that come to the beach. On my blog, I'll give you a more personal account of my fun assignments — from chowing down at new restaurants to hitting up popular attractions along the Grand Strand.

I'll give you the inside scoop. Were the oysters really worth $12? Is it going to be crowded at the golf course on a Friday afternoon? Is that exhibit appropriate for your 5-year-old daughter? You know, the hard-hitting questions. But seriously, I'm here for you. See you on the Strand!

No comments:

Post a Comment